The Organic Builder Widgets Plugin Transforms The WordPress Customizer Into A Page Builder!
We believe most WordPress page builders are fundamentally flawed.
A page builder extends the functionality of WordPress. It allows a user to display and arrange a variety of content types on any page of their website. However, most page builders are highly reliant on shortcodes, custom foreign interfaces and bulky proprietary code that heavily impacts the performance of a website. They often require an extensive learning curve beyond that of basic WordPress usage. Additionally, they are a massive departure from WordPress core and the evolution of the platform. Instead, page builders should be utilizing the Customizer and core features of WordPress.
The Organic Builder Widgets plugin solves these problems. It provides a collection of custom widgets that can be used as content sections on any page within the WordPress Customizer. Best of all, it’s FREE, and designed to work with ANY theme! The result is a fast, easy and free WordPress page builder!
The WordPress Customizer provides users with an intuitive interface for making visual changes to their website in real-time. The creators of WordPress are placing a huge emphasis on the Customizer. It’s the future of designing WordPress websites.
We created the Organic Builder Widgets plugin to evolve with WordPress and the Customizer. It uses a custom page template that registers new widget areas, and custom widgets that can be added as unique content sections on any page. Additionally, it’s available in the official WordPress plugin directory. So you can install the plugin directly from your WordPress dashboard and receive automatic updates.
After installing and activating the plugin, you will be provided with a collection of custom widgets. The widgets are used to display various content sections on any page. Currently, the following widgets are included with the plugin:
- Hero – A full browser height section with featured text, background images and a call to action.
- Blog – Display a section of blog posts from any category in a chosen layout.
- Content Slideshow – A full width slideshow of featured posts with background images.
- Feature List – A list of features with icons displayed in multiple column layouts.
- Portfolio – A section of posts displayed as portfolio images in a masonry layout.
- Subpage – Display any page content as a section within another page or use custom content.
- Team – A section of team members from a selected post category.
- Testimonials – A slideshow of testimonials from a selected category or custom post type.
- Profile – A personal profile with an image, bio and social media links.
- Pricing Table – A section of pricing tables with a featured list and link to purchase.
- Featured Product – Allows you to add an image, description, and button link for an eCommerce product.
- Featured Content — A section that displays a portion of an existing page, or custom content.
Widgets are a core functionality of WordPress. Selecting, moving and manipulating widgets in the WordPress customizer is simple, fast and intuitive. Users can see exactly what their website will look like as changes display in real-time. The Organic Builder Widgets allow for the creation of highly dynamic website pages with ultimate ease!
While other WordPress page builder solutions may offer a huge degree of control over the design, we feel that is often a hindrance rather than a benefit. Endless design options and control can be overwhelming, leaving users paralyzed. As a result, we designed each widget to be pixel perfect with simple customization options. So you can have better looking pages faster!
To showcase the power of our new plugin, we have released the StartUp Theme! It’s designed to work flawlessly with the WordPress Customizer and Organic Builder Widgets plugin.
In addition to the StartUp Theme, the plugin is compatible with virtually ANY theme in the WordPress directory. Of course, it would make us happy if you used an Organic Theme with the plugin, but it’s not a requirement.
Naturally, we hope to sell more themes that are highly compatible with the plugin. Additionally, we may sell additional custom widgets and style packs in the future. However, the core pack of widgets will always be maintained and freely available. We hope you’ll give the StartUp Theme and Organic Builder Widgets a chance for your next website!
For further instructions on plugin usage, please refer to our tutorial.
If you would like to leave a positive review of the plugin here, it would be greatly appreciated!
We’re Just Getting Started
This is just the beginning, so please let us know in the comments if you have any questions or requests for additional builder widgets.