Help using Stax

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Help using Stax

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hi Morgan,

On top of the issues mentioned earlier can you please let me know why the home page is different from how I created in the editor!!! It’s soooo frustrating. Please!

See screenshots:

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

– Which block is invalid that you were attempting to recover? Also, what version of STAX are you using? We recently pushed an update for the theme.

– It appears your About Page is using the transparent header template part. So, the header is there, it’s just on top of your other content. This might be resolved by updating the theme. Otherwise, the issue may be resolved by changing the header layout in the Site Editor. If you’re having trouble, you can provide us with your WordPress login info to take a closer look.

– This should just require adding a custom link to your menu under Appearance > Menus in the WordPress admin. You can also use this plugin to add a link, https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-or-logout-menu-item/

Let us know if there is anything else. And we can help take a closer look if you provide your login info in a private reply.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

After inspecting your site more closely, I have several things to report:

1. Your theme is not the most recent version. However, you are probably not receiving update notifications from third-party WordPress products. This is most likely a firewall setting with your server, or a security plugin preventing your site from communicating with our update service.

2. In addition to your site loading very slowly, your admin is incredibly slow as well. In fact, it timed out when I attempted to perform a plugin update in your admin. This timeout issue is most likely why your site may have crashed when attempting to restore a block in your admin. This is almost certainly the fault of your hosting service or server. I highly recommend upgrading your hosting package for better performance, or moving to a different hosting provider. Solving this issue will likely solve your other issues.

3. I updated the “About” page template so that your header now displays properly. Also, I changed the heading size for your page titles in the editor as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Thank you soooo much David. You are a super star 🙂
    I really appreciate all your help.

I’m touch with the hosting provider now to solve this issue.

Best wishes,
    Manu

Manu
    Participant
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem! Who is your hosting provider?

Did you happen to get the content alignment issue resolved in the Hero Block? It seems to appear correctly on top of the hero image for me when viewing the site, see attached screenshot.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.