Help using Stax

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Help using Stax

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hi there,

Can someone please tell me how to use Stax. How do i make a new page or post?
    I found it not intuitive at all. I used to use Widget builder and that was easy but I don’t seem to understand how Stax works. Does it just add some extra functionality to the normal wordpress page editor?

Can you please talk me through how to create a page using the block as you show in the demo.

Thank you
    Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Thanks for reaching out! We have published documentation for the STAX theme here, https://organicthemes.com/document/stax-theme/

Essentially, all content is added using blocks within the default page and post editor of WordPress. There is no need to apply a page template, or add widgets as you may be used to with the Builder Widgets plugin. All blocks are added directly in the page editor, and different blocks may be added by clicking the blue “+” button in the editor. Searching for “Organic” in the blocks reveals all Organic Blocks that may be used.

The only exception is the Home page template, in which case the content may be modified for the home page within the new WordPress full-site editor under Appearance > Editor within the admin.

Additionally, any changes you wish to make to the overall appearance or layout of the theme can be made within the full-site editor.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you very much.
    I’m only able to add the organic blocks like any other WordPress block (one after another, above or below, next etc).
    How do I actually stack the blocks? How can I overlay the blocks as it’s show in the Stax demo?

Regards,
    Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

You can overlay blocks on top of each other using the Organic “Position” Block. You will need to wrap the blocks you want to move within the Position Block, then change the position within the block settings.

The block is outlined in more detail in the demo here, https://stax.organicthemes.com/blocks/organic-blocks/position-block/

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Hello David,

What is the best video size (quality) for uploading a video in Stax?
    Also photo size please.

Many thanks,
    Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem. For video size we recommend 1920 x 1080.

For images, we recommend at least 1800 pixels wide.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Hi there,

How do I highlight a page on the menu bar like the “Buy Stax” in the sample menu?

Thank you 🙂

Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem! Within the Appearance > Menus section of the admin, add the class “button” to the custom class field within the menu item options. See attached screenshot.

If for some reason the option is not appearing in your dashboard, toggle the option for “CSS Classes” within the Screen Options at the top of the page. Screenshot also attached.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Manu
    Participant

Thank you very much Morgan.
    I have a couple of more questions:
    1. Why the ‘Join Us’ button on the menu doesn’t display fully?
    2. How can I resize the page name at the top of page?

Please see the screenshot attached?

PS The logo is a SVG file and I have sized at 550 in the site editor but hasn’t made any difference to the button.

Best wishes,
    Manu

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Can you provide a link to your site so I can inspect the code in order to provide a solution?

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Hi David,

http://www.ashtangayogacheltenham.com

Can you also please check why the website is sooo slow loading up and not displaying quite right when using Safari on a Mac?

Many thanks,
    Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Thanks! Try updating to the latest version of the Organic Blocks plugin (v2.0.6.1). The update should resolve the menu issue.

Regarding your site loading, it appears to be loading quite slowly in Chrome as well. Who is you hosting provider? What hosting package do you have with them?

It may be your hosting provider, or it may be a plugin. However, upon inspecting the code of your site, I don’t see many scripts loaded with the exception of a handful for WooCommerce and blocks, which shouldn’t be enough to slow your site significantly. So I’m lead to believe the issue may lie with your hosting provider.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant

Thank you 🙂

Manu
    Participant

Hi Morgan,

– Can you please check my website http://www.ashtangayogacheltenham.com because when I try to edit the home page with the site editor it displays “this block contain unexpected or invalid content” and when I try to Allow Block Recovery it works but then the whole site crashes.

– Also why the About page doesn’t have the header with the my logo?

– And finally how can I insert a Log In link in the footer aligned with the rest of the text? If I add it as a block it ends up in the middle.

Many thanks.
    Sorry but I find Stax quite hard to understand byself.

Manu
    Participant

Hi Morgan can you please reply to my above message!

I’m really struggling to create this website!

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.