STAX Theme not woking as expected

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme STAX Theme not woking as expected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hello,

Hope hurricane Ian hasn’t created too many damages in your area.

I’m sorry to keep writing but I’m constantly having problems working with Stax.
    Nothing seems to work as easily as presented in the description on your website.

* The image in the Hero Block in my home page is not showing properly. It’s pushed too upward and I cannot see the top of the image in the live view of the website. In the editor I cannot change the positioning of the image.

* The text on the image doesn’t respond correctly to change of the options of typography like size or spacing. Plus I cannot place it where I want. It only goes in one of the 9 place given in the Hero Block. I tried to use a Contain Block and put a text block in it and I can change the position of the text but it affects the parallax effect of the image and doesn’t scale accordingly with the image – it’s ok with the window at one size but if I make larger or smaller it all goes off positioning. I can place it correctly in the editor view and then it’s completely different (wrong) in the live/published view.

* I don’t know how to reduce the size or change the font of the page title in the pages. They are far too big

* The whole website is slow. It’s very slow to get into the site editor. It doesn’t load in my Safari. Only in Chrome and Firefox. I tried everything. I spoke also with the hosting provider and there seems to be nothing wrong in their side (no restrictions, rules, etc)

Can someone please help me to resolve these issues and understand how to use this Theme. I bought the license specifically for this. My website is http://www.ashtangayogacheltenham.com (it’s all a working progress but I can’t go forward until I solve this)

Thank you.
    Manu

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Thanks! There has been significant damage and still power outages in the area, but we’re back online and beginning to catch up on support.

I apologize for your issues working with STAX! Some of these issues look familiar, so let me know if I’ve addressed them in another thread. 🙂

1. The hero block image and text positioning appears to be displaying correctly for me. Did this issue get resolved?

2. There are the 9 preset positioning options within the hero block. However, if these presets don’t get the exact positioning you’re after, you can add a “Position” block within the hero block. Then, add your text within the position block. You may then adjust the position of the content more specifically using the block options. Within the position block options, you can choose to reset the position in mobile view.

Also, it appears you were able to edit the text color and size. Is this working as expected now?

3. I believe this was addressed in a previous request, and you can adjust font sizes for page titles and headings in the global style settings of the editor. Let us know if you need further clarification.

4. I believe the slowness of your site is related to either your hosting provider, or a particular plugin that may be affecting the performance of your site. You could try disabling plugins one-by-one to see if it helps improve the performance.

Let us know if there is anything else, and thanks for your patience! Working with blocks and the full-site editor is a fundamentally different way of working with WordPress, and it does take some time before the process of working with blocks “clicks”. Then, hopefully it will all begin to make more sense.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem! We apologize for the difficulty you’re experiencing.

It should be noted, that working with the full-site editor and a block-based theme is a very different approach than modifying a traditional theme. As a result, it takes some time to understand how it all works.

1. For the position of the text in the hero, the text is contained within the “Position Block”, which provides more control over the position of the text. However, it can be a little tricky to get the placement options working just right. As a result, you could “unwrap” the position block, which may give you the results you are looking for. See the “unwrap” screenshot for reference.

2. I added spacing by adding a padding of 36 pixels around the column block that contains the featured pages. You could also achieve a similar result by adding a “Spacer” block between the hero and the columns blocks. See attached “columns-padding” screenshot.

3. The hero image is added as a background image, and when you toggle the parallax option for a background image, it scales the image to size of the entire browser window, so that more of the image is revealed as you scroll down the page. You could try disabling the parallax effect for the image, which I’ve done in your options. See “parallax-options” screenshot.

4. For changing the page title, you will need to edit the “Page” template. Then, edit the typography options for the title on the page template, and save the changes.

Within the full site editor, there are several templates that can be modified. Modifying any one of these templates changes how that “type” of page is displayed. For instance, each WordPress website displays different types of pages for posts, pages, search results, categories, products, etc. When you change the template in the full-site editor, it changes the style for all the corresponding page types.

I went ahead and made some changes to the page title — decreasing the size, adding letter spacing, and making it all caps. You can see how I made the changes in the block options within the provided “page-title” screenshot.

Also, when making any changes to styles or templates, you may need to clear your caches before seeing the results.

I hope this helps!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manu
    Participant

Hi David,

Can you please check my above message?
    Also I’ve discovered that only if I use STAX my website doesn’t load in Safari. But if I use any other theme including any other of the Organic Themes, it works!
    Why?
    I ‘ve tried to delete and re install STAX but it’s the same.

It works in Safari in my iPhone but not on my MacBook, IMac, iPad or my son’s iPhone! So I’m worried that it also might not work in other people’s Safari!

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem! 😀

Regarding the Hero Block image, there are a couple points to note:

1. The logo and menu bar are fixed positioned. Meaning, they rest on top of the other content on the site, so the menu always remains visible at the top of the page. However, this means that the menu is covering up a portion of the hero block. You can resolve this a couple different ways:

Add the following CSS:

.home .wp-block-obb-hero-block {
      margin-top: 160px;
    }

Or, within the editor, you can add a “Spacer” block above the Hero block. Then, set the height of the Spacer block to 160 pixels. This will compensate for the portion of the Hero block that is being covered by the header.

Regarding the Safari issue, I’m not sure why this would be occurring. Your site displays normally for me in Safari on my MacBook Pro and iPhone, as does the theme demo. This sounds like it might be a local caching or firewall issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.