Stax Blog posts show only after page refresh

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Stax Blog posts show only after page refresh

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erich Fisher
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently built a blog in STAX using the Single page template. On desktop, the posts display super fast, but on mobile they hang and the content ONLY displays after I swipe down to refresh the page. It happens on multiple mobile devices and browsers that I have tried. I cannot figure it out and would really like some help.

I thought it was featured image size at first, so I cut back the images sizes – no luck. Then, I reverted my customized Single page template back to the original STAX format. Still no luck. Lastly, I created more posts to see if the problem persisted. It did.

The post blocks display fine on the homepage and blog landing page, the issue only happens when I try to open any of the posts themselves. My version of Stax is up to date and I’ve enabled/disabled plugins to test. Nothing works so far.

Please help (also please comment on my earlier Stax post about resizing OT Hero Images on mobile).

Thank you so much,

Erich

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Erich, thanks so much for your patience on these items over the holiday week. Our developer is looking into both of these issues and we’ll update you here as soon as we have a solution which should be within the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Emily

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Erich,

This was a tricky one! I’ve seen most issues, but this one was a tough bug to track down.

So, it turns out, the demo content is displaying a default background image for the Hero Block on the single page template. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem. However, it’s trying to load the image from our local testing environment, which doesn’t exist online. As a result, it’s causing an image load issue, and the page is hanging.

We will be updating the theme and demo content with a fix for this issue soon. In the meantime, you can replace the custom background image within the Hero Block in the single page template with another image (that exists on your server), and it will fix the loading issue in mobile.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Erich Fisher
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you so much for figuring this one out. It’s really been vexing me too. I’ll go ahead and apply the fix you recommend and look out for that update when it rolls out. You guys are awesome. Thanking you again so much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.