Site speed and image optimization

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Site speed and image optimization

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Berit Sund
    Participant

Hello
    Hope this finds you well!

I use Organix STAX on my site / blog https://www.gutsandgloryhealth.com/gut-health-blog/

I’ve been having issues with site speed and testing seems to give common themes which is image optimization and plug in ‘clash’.

Jetpack Boost gives it a D, and GTMetrix an E (51%).

From Organic STAX I thought Jetpack is meant to be compatible, but Jetpack support staff says otherwise. Also, they advise not to use another plugin to optimize images / speed.

But, the image report I ran says there are >500 issues with the images that are part of the STAX theme … Jetpack advises a manual update to improve images …

So, anywhos, are there any recommendations for how to improve sitespeed without having to manually optimize 100s of images?

Thank you very much for advice!!
    Warm regards
    Berit

Your gut health

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Berit,

First, I apologize for the delay in response time to your inquery. I’ll be glad to assist you. Jetpack is compatible with our themes, so I’m unsure as to why you were told otherwise by the Jetpack team (we even use Jetpack on almost all of our demo sites). Were they able to elaborate at all, or did they give you any additional information you’re able to share with us?

There are many factors which can effect your website speed. I recommend first starting by reviewing our post “5 Easy Steps To Increase The Speed of your WordPress Website”, found here: https://organicthemes.com/5-steps-to-increase-speed-of-wordpress-site/

I recommend following the guidelines within the post, which was written by our own Organic Themes theme developer, David Morgan. After reviewing those recommendations, please let me know if we can assist with anything further. I would also advice reaching out to your hosting provider regarding any additional support they could offer to increase site speed.

Thanks,

Emily

Berit Sund
    Participant

Hi Emily, thank you very much for response and advice! Warm regards, Berit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.