Problem with Portfolio Block in Safari

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Problem with Portfolio Block in Safari

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi,

in Safari Browser, the page does not open when you click on an image. This happens on my site (https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/appartements-2/) but also in the organicthemes demo version (https://stax.organicthemes.com/blocks/organic-blocks/portfolio-block /). It works fine with Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I’ve already cleared the cache, but unfortunately that didn’t help. The content appears to be blocked.

Best regards
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Did you get this issue resolved? I can’t seem to replicate this issue on either site within the Safari browser.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    no, i still have the Problem. For example when I click “Footwear” in the STAX demo in the Organic Portfolio Block (Variation 1), the page starts to load but it stops and won’t open. (iMac OS Catalina and Safari 14.0.3 – same on iphone).
    Thanks!

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Is there a reason you’re not using the latest version of Safari (v15.4) and/or OS Monterey?

It seems to work in the latest versions. I’m not able to easily downgrade for testing purposes. However, can you try adding the following style and let me know if it resolves the issue:

a.obb-portfolio-link {
        display: inline-block;
        width: 100%;
        height: 100%;
    }

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    thanks for your code. I pasted the code in Custom CSS. Unfortunately, the problem with Safari is still there. I see, I’ll have to do some updates… However, I also have the safari problem on my iPhone 12 with OS 15.6. When I click on an image of the portfolio block, the status bar scrolls almost halfway and then gets stuck. The page of the clicked post does not open. Only when I click on the “X” for cancel, the page is there immediately.
    Best regards
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

I have been able to reproduce the issue in iOS on an iPhone. However, after hours of debugging, I still have not been able to find a solution. It’s likely a rare bug within the browser itself, since every other updated browser performs the request as expected. I’ll keep looking for a solution, but it may just just require waiting for an iOS Safari update.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,

thank you very much for your great efforts! I will update Safari then.

But one more question: When the post opens, the Stax demo footer appears at the bottom of the page and no longer the footer of the homepage. Can you tell me how to get the home page footer here? https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/appartement-2-zimmer/

Best regards
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

No problem!

There are 2 footer styles included in the STAX Theme. The style on the home page, and a simplified footer that displays on posts. You can change this in the Full-Site Editor by navigating to Appearance > Editor > Templates > Single. Select the simplified footer in the editor, and click on the 3 vertical dots to reveal the footer options. Next, choose the “Replace Footer” option, screenshots attached, and select the “footer-links” footer. As a result, all your single posts will be updated with the same footer style that appears on the home page.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    thank you for your description. I navigated to Appearance > Editor > Templates. But I can’t find the “Single” section. I find the three vertical dots in the footer; the pop-up menu looks like this for me, screenshot attached.
    I only can edit the footer on the home page. When I open the post, no Footer is displayed.

Attachments:
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Can you provide your WordPress login information in a private reply so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately, I’m receiving an “Internal Server Error” when trying to access or view your site. Has the site changed directories?

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David!
    I’m sorry that the login didn’t work. I made updates today; maybe that has overlapped. I was just able to log in with your access data. Maybe you can try again.
    Best Regards and thanks!
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

No problem. Unfortunately, I’m still receiving the error when trying to access the provided link. I attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.