Problem With Plugins – Jetpack & Woo Commerce

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Problem With Plugins – Jetpack & Woo Commerce

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey
    Participant

I’m creating a NEW WordPress site for a client using the Stax Theme. When WordPress highlighted updates were available for some plugins, I clicked the update button. However, WordPress did NOT update Jetpack and instead removed it from the plugins section. And it did the same when updating Woo Commerce. Please explain why this may be happening and how to correct it. I’m concerned that this could cause the content I’m creating to also disappear or the site to crash. I hope not, but I’ve never seen WordPress cause plugins to disappear when updating them.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m not sure what would cause your plugins to be deleted when performing an update, but it should not be theme related. It may have been a temporary outage with your hosting server in the middle of the update. That’s the only cause I can think of.

I would recommend trying to perform updates again, and if plugins are deleted during the update, contact your hosting provider as to why this may be occurring.

Thanks!

Jeffrey
    Participant

Thank you for your response. The client is hosting the site on a private server. We were able to reinstall jet pack. The client currently uses Magento as their shopping cart, and does not want to use Woo Commerce. Since they do not want to use Woo Commerce, do we still need for it to be installed for the Stax theme to run properly? In other words do we need the suggested plugins (Woo Commerce, Woo Commerce blocks and Jetpack) if we do not plan on using them or can we uninstall them and still use Stax theme without them?

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

The WooCommerce and Jetpack plugins are not necessary to use STAX Theme, so you may uninstall theme and use the ecommerce plugin of your choice. Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thanks!

Jeffrey
    Participant

ok… Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.