Mobile Responsive Menu & Hero Theme Size

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Mobile Responsive Menu & Hero Theme Size

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey
    Participant

ok… I sent you an email earlier today.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

It was a resource loading issue, but not an expected one. The theme is trying to load the “fa-solid-900.woff2” file for Font Awesome icons from within the assets folder of the theme. For some reason, this file may not exist on your server, despite it existing in the theme by default. It’s possible the file was accidentally deleted or didn’t install properly. However, I disabled Font Awesome in your theme by commenting out the function in the functions.php file.

This seemed to resolve the issue, and pages are loading quickly for me in my mobile browser.

Let us know if this resolves the issue on your end as well.

Thanks!

Jeffrey
    Participant

David,

Good news and bad news. The good news is my client when using their iPhone can now click on the website menu for the first time. The bad news is they say the home page loading is very slow and the other pages linked from the menu loads slow, but not as slow as the home page.

The thing is the home page and other pages load better and faster on Apple desktops and laptops, compared to Apple mobile devices. Keep in mind this problem is solely with iPhone and Apple mobile devices, but NOT Android mobile devices.

I have a Samsung S21+ smart phone and everything loads fast and efficient. But my client including multiple people in their organization have Apple mobile devices are NOT able to see the site homepage or pages load as fast.

The sites hosting administrators added “WP Fastest Cache,” a caching plugin a few weeks ago which helped speed things up a little, but not enough on the apple mobile devices.

What if anything else can you do to speed up the loading of the home page and other pages when using Apple mobile devices? If it is happening to my client, it may likely occur with other users of the Stax theme and their audiences.

Thank you in advance for your help in resolving this issue.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

You could try additional speed enhancing solutions like the Smush plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/

And/Or a CDN like Cloudflare: https://www.cloudflare.com/

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.