Homepage SEO issues using STAX

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Homepage SEO issues using STAX

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hello,

How can I optimised my Homepage to score better with Yoast SEO?
    Using STAX HOME Template I don’t seem to have any ways to adjust YOAST SEO for it. It seems that the blocks are not accessible to the SEO. The SEO work only on pages where I use the standard WordPress block and template.
    Can you please explain and give me some suggestions.

Thank you 🙂
    http://www.ashtangayogacheltenham.com

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Thanks for reaching out! Most the blocks on the home page template are core WordPress blocks. There are exceptions like the Content Slideshow and Portfolio blocks that pull content from the database into a query, in which case, there would be no custom Yoast SEO options for those blocks. However, I would recommend SEO optimizing the posts or pages individually in those cases.

Is there something specific you’re trying to optimize for SEO? Do you have any screenshots illustrating the issue? Also, this may be a support request for Yoast, since this is referring to functionality beyond the scope of the theme.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Ah, I see. What version of the STAX theme are you using?

In more recent versions of the STAX theme, the “Home” template was removed in favor of adding the blocks directly within the content during the theme setup process. Assuming this is an older version of the theme using the Home page template, I would recommend navigating to the Appearance > Editor > Templates > Home in the admin. Then, copy all the blocks on the home page template, and paste them directly into your home page content, and apply the Blank Canvas page template instead of the Home page template. This should make them accessible for Yoast SEO.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem! I would recommend adding a matching background color to the Full Width group block that the Max Width container block is within.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.