Header Adjustment

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Header Adjustment

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hello,

Why if i modify the header for the Home template it affects also the header for the Page template?
    I would like to have a Header settings for the Home template and different settings for the Page template.

How can i do this?
    I have already modified the Header for the About template for a specific page. I need to be able to change only the Home template without affecting any other page.

Thank you

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Can you please explain where and how you are modifying the header? And please provide links, if relevant? Thanks!

Emily

Manu
    Participant

Hi Emily, I changed the background colour and fonts colour from the Edit Site, clicked on the header section and use the editing options.
    I would like to be able to change those settings for the Home template without them affecting also the Page template.

Thank you
    Manu

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

If you only want the color changes to appear on certain elements on the homepage, then CSS is the best option to target only changing those specific elements. So, you can reset the color and font options within the customizer, then use CSS to change the elements on your homepage. I would need a link to the homepage on your site as well as a list of change you want in order to provide you with the proper CSS.

Thanks,

Emily

Manu
    Participant

Hi Emily,

Here is the website http://www.ashtangayogacheltenham.com.

I would like to be able to make the header of the Homepage like the one for the Teacher page without it affecting also all the other pages.

I look forward to your help.

Regards,
    Manu

Manu
    Participant

Hi Emily,

Did you change the setting of the Header? My website is different from how i left it yesterday?

Manu
    Participant

I changed it back to how it was.

Can you please now tell me how to change the Header of the Home Page without it changing the Header of the other pages. Practically I would like for the Home Page a Heater Trasparent like in the About Template (see the Teacher page where I used that Template and Header).

Thank you,
    Manu

Manu
    Participant

Hello,
    Can someone pleas reply to my above message?
    Thank you

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

I apologize for the delay.

There are 2 header template parts included with the STAX theme — a transparent header and a header with a background.

You can replace or swap these headers within the site editor following these instructions (screenshot attached):

1. Navigate to Appearance > Editor in the admin.
    2. Click the “List View” icon in the top left of the editor.
    3. Select the top level header template part.
    4. Click the dropdown options panel for the block (3 vertical dots).
    5. Select the “Replace Header” option.
    6. You may then choose from the existing other header template part.

This will allow you to swap between the provided headers. However, pay attention to the template you are changing the header for, as the change will apply to all corresponding page templates.

If you need the transparent header to display only on the home page, I recommend creating a new page template within the editor from the existing page template. This can also be accomplished in the editor by clicking the “Add New” button in the top right of the editor when viewing the available templates. You can then select to create a new page template, and apply the header-transparent template part to your new page template. I attached a screenshot for this as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.