Full of Block Recovery Errors

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Full of Block Recovery Errors

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    creativeliza
    Participant

So I really want to learn the Stax theme. It seems powerful but the last time I tried I had tons of errors saying “This block contains unexpected or invalid content. Attempt Block Recovery” but that never works. I installed as recommended with the demo content but I am unable to do anything. Please advise before I just switch to a different theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Eliza,

What version of STAX do you have installed? Also, what version of the Organic Blocks plugin do you have installed? We recently updated the demo content for STAX, resolving those block recovery messages. Additionally, have you tried recovering the blocks in this instance? WordPress has gotten better at block recovery in recent updates.

Thanks!

creativeliza
    Participant

I am using Stax theme Version: 1.1.4.1 and Organic Blocks Bundle Version 2.1.5.1

The issue I’m facing is that the theme is installed in an existing site so the demo isn’t loading properly. The previous site, designed by someone else, used an editor that is creating lots of junk code but I don’t want to do a fresh install since it is a redesign and I need the content.

This is the demo home page: https://www.staging3.quartermoonstoryarts.net but I can’t figure out how to add the menu and other customizations. I can’t find documentation on how to use the theme when it is not installed fresh.

creativeliza
    Participant

Is there some documentation I can be directed to so I can get up and running?

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Eliza,

We do have some documentation for the theme here, https://organicthemes.com/document/stax-theme/

In order to set your menu, you will need to edit the settings for the Header Block in the theme:

1. Navigate to Appearance > Editor within the admin.
    2. Click on the header, and the block options should appear on the right.
    3. Within the options, locate the Primary Navigation options, and select your Custom Menu from the dropdown.
    4. Save the changes.

I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

I hope this helps. Essentially, all elements can be edited by clicking on the block within the new WordPress editor.

Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    creativeliza
    Participant

Hi again,

So I read all the documentation before I asked the question. The documentation really doesn’t tell you much. I followed what you said but it asked me to convert the menu to page links and then I could not do more. I also tried to go into template parts and there I was able to change the logo and menu but even though I saved it, it doesn’t show.

I’m super frustrated. I want to use the capabilities of this theme but I’m finding it really hard to use without more documentation. I should be able to easily switch elements but clearly there is a gap in what I’m understanding and it has delayed my project significantly. I have been designing with WordPress for over 20 years and have learned other CMS programs easily so it’s not like I’m new at this.

I have tried 2 other times before to use this theme and have not been able to understand it. I suggest that if you are going to promote so much, you should consider adding much more robust documentation to get people started because as of now, I have to switch themes once again.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Eliza,

I apologize for your frustrations. Much of the new user experience is related to the WordPress platform itself — as WordPress is pushing for all themes in the future to be block themes like STAX, and utilize the new full-site editing features. That being said, the user experience is drastically different from the previous method of modifying themes in WordPress. So, I understand how it can be very confusing by comparison.

We do plan to expand upon our documentation for the theme and create some tutorials for using the new WordPress editing features. In the meantime, WordPress has some helpful resources for using the new editor here, https://wordpress.com/support/site-editing/

Also, if there is anything we can directly help with, we’re happy to login to the site and make some changes while providing explanations.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Wouter Blok
    Participant

i’ve got the same errors and not working website as above with block recovery.

Your screenshot are not helping and the problem is still there.

even the links you are referring to are not helping this problem.

i have the latest version of stax theme but the demo is not installed without problem and every page i click on has the recovery error.
    Can you please help and solve this?

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Wouter,

This is likely a separate issue from the thread above.

Can you please provide a link to your site, plus any necessary screenshots of the issue?

Also, can you clarify whether the demo content is or is not installed? If the demo content is not installed, that means you are likely receiving block recovery issues from core WordPress blocks, or blocks that are not included with the theme?

Have you installed the Organic Blocks plugin? Do you have any additional block plugins installed?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.