Featured Images disappear after Update

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Featured Images disappear after Update

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi!
    After I updated WordPress to 6.2.1 and the Theme to 1.3.6 today, the Featured Images no longer appear. I created the pages with the Page Template “Featured Image” and added a Featured Image. But in the Frontend I don’t see the Featured Images.

For example: https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/kundendienst/
    It affects all pages that can be reached via the main navigation.

Best regards
    Stefan

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the login info. I resolved this by clearing the customizations for the Featured Image template. In a recent theme update we made some changes to the banner template part that is used by the Featured Image template. Basically, the template just needed to be updates to refer to the new template part.

Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,

wonderful, thank you very, very much!

Best regards
    Stefan

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David!
    I’m sorry, I have the same problem again. I moved with the website and today updated WordPress to 6.2.2 and the theme to 1.4. Now the featured images are no longer displayed. I created the pages using the Featured Image page template and added a featured image. But in the frontend I don’t see the featured images. I didn’t quite understand what you did last time, otherwise I could fix it myself.

For example: https://www.heinrich-groemitz.de/kundendienst/
    All pages that can be reached via the main navigation are affected.

Best regards
    Stefan

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Wait; I’ve searched again and I think I’ve found it. I had the code displayed by the Featured Image Part and made “banner-default” just “banner”. Now the featured image is visible.
    Thanks very much!
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hey Stefan,

Perfect, that’s what I would have done. 🙂

Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hey David,

unfortunately I got the same error on another homepage after an update to WP 6.2.2 and stax theme 1.4.1: the banner image is not displayed. I checked the name again in the code editor, but the slug says “banner”. (Design > Templates > Featured Image)

(<!– wp:group {“tagName”:”main”,”align”:”full”,”className”:”site-main”,”layout”:{“inherit”:true,”type”: “constrained”}} –>
    <main class=”wp-block-group alignfull site-main”><!– wp:template-part {“slug”:”banner”,”theme”:”organic-stax”,”tagName”:”section “,”align”:”full”,”className”:”site-banner”} /–>).

How do I change the name to display the banner image?
    Thanks and best regards
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

I may need login access to inspect this issue further. My suspicion is that customizations might need to be cleared for some templates or parts within the editor. However, I would need to see to what extent the theme has been customized.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the login info.

I logged into your site and cleared the customizations for the Featured Image page template. However, I’m not seeing error previously mentioned. I’m not sure if the error was resolved, or I’m just looking in the wrong place?

Can you see if the issue is resolved on your end?

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks very much; i mean the featured image for example on the “hotel” page.

Hotel

A featured image is selected in the backend, but unfortunately it is not displayed in the frontend. Did I do something wrong there?
    Best regards
    Stefan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.