Ads in header not displaying

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Ads in header not displaying

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Berit Sund
    Participant

Hello
    The WordAds that display in my website header (https://www.gutsandgloryhealth.com/ ) do not display correctly in that it’s not possible to click through, the menu sort of overlaps / overlays the ad.
    Jetpack team advised me to change the theme to Twenty Twenty Three but if there is a way to avoid changing from STAX that is preferable (but ads revenue more preferable 😀 )

Would you have advice if I need to adjust the header / menu on my pages, if so how?

Thanks!
    Berit

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Berit,

Thanks for reaching out. This is occurring because of the fixed position of the STAX header. You can disable the fixed position a number of ways. The following is a CSS solution for disabling the position:

.obb-header.position-fixed {
      position: relative !important;
    }
    #obb-header-587938385 .obb-navigation li a, .obb-header-587938385 .obb-navigation li a {
      color: #999 !important;
    }

You can add the CSS within the “Additional CSS” section of the WordPress customizer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Berit Sund
    Participant

Hi David, thank you so much, that’s great, it’s resolved the issue. The header space above the cover image is now ‘double’ – should I delete the original text in the ‘Additional CSS” section’? Didn’t want to delete it without checking, in case it’s needed 🙂

Thanks for advice!
    Warm regards
    Berit

Berit Sund
    Participant

Hello David
    Quick follow-up, when adding “the CSS within the “Additional CSS” section of the WordPress customizer” as recommended, do I delete the original text, or leave it in?
    Thanks!
    Berit

Berit Sund
    Participant

Hi @David Morgan, happy Monday! Would you have a chance to look at my above query? Thanks, Berit

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Berit,

Happy Monday! Thanks for you patience over the holiday week. 🙂

You could delete the original text in the Additional CSS section. However, since I’m not sure what the original text is, I might recommend “commenting the code” which disables the code while still leaving it visible within the Additional CSS section, in case the code is needed later or an issue occurs from removing it.

You can comment out code by selecting the text, and pressing the “Command + /” keys on a Mac, or “Control + /” on a PC.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Berit Sund
    Participant

Hi David, thanks ever so much, I’ll do that! Have a great rest of your day 🙂
    Warm regards, Berit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.