STAX Update NOT Working

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme STAX Update NOT Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey
    Participant

I am unable to update the Stax theme to version 1.5.3.4. when i attempt to update it, the system shows a screen that says “woocommerce.com refused to connect.” Please instruct me on how to successfully update the Stax theme. Thank you.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out! Your host or a security plugin may be blocking updates from third party products. In which case, you may need to manually update the theme. This can accomplished by downloading the most recent theme version from your account and replacing the older version on your server.

Let us know if you need any further instruction.

Thanks!

Jeffrey
    Participant

Yes, please provide more detailed instructions. Thank you. Also, please confirm that by doing so, it will NOT alter any customization already completed.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeffrey,

How were your customizations added? Did you alter theme files directly, or use a plugin or child theme to make customizations? As long as you didn’t alter any theme files directly your customization should remain.

As for the manual update, you can follow these instructions:

1. Download and unzip the latest version of the theme.
    2. Next, you will need an FTP program such as Transmit or Filezilla, or the File Manager within cPanel (found in your hosting account).
    3. Login to your server using the FTP software or File Manager.
    4. Upload the theme in to the /wp-content/themes/ directory, replacing the existing theme folder.
    Navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate the theme.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.