WordPress dashboard: Download your theme and login into your WordPress dashboard (e.g., yourdomain.com/wp-admin). Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload, and select your zipped theme folder, then click “Install Now”. Once the theme is uploaded you will need to activate it, either with the provided link or under Appearance > Themes.
FTP upload: Download and un-zip your theme folder, and using the FTP program of your choice upload the theme folder to the ‘../wp-content/themes/’ folder on your server.
Note: If you use Safari as your primary browser you may find that your theme folder is not zipped after downloading it. You will need to re-compress your theme folder before initiating the second installation process.
Demo content can be installed using the One Click Demo Import plugin. Upon activating the theme, you will be recommended to install the plugin.
The Jetpack plugin may optionally be used for displaying projects on the Portfolio page template, and testimonials on Testimonials page template.
Note: The contact form is powered by Gravity Forms, an excellent premium WordPress contact form plugin (free alternatives include ‘Contact Form 7’ and ‘Jetpack Forms’). If you want to make use of the shop portion of the theme you will need to install WooCommerce.
- Installation and activate the One Click Demo Import plugin.
- Make sure all required plugins are active.
- Navigate to Appearance > Import Demo Data within the WordPress admin.
- Click the blue “Import” button for the Default Demo Import.
- Wait for the import to complete. It may take a few minutes.
- Begin editing.
Note: All content, widgets and customizer options will be imported from the theme demo. Importing demo data will add to any existing content you have already created. Deleting the demo content must be done manually.
Logo: 240 x 360px
Gamer Featured Large: 2400 x 1800px
Gamer Featured Medium: 1200 x 1200px
Gamer Featured Small: 640 x 640px
Gamer Featured Square: 1200 x 1200px
Please refer to the tutorial for using the Organic Builder Widgets.
Note: After creating a home page, you may need to set the page as the “Front Page” for your website:
- Navigate to Settings > Reading within the WordPress admin.
- Select the option to display a static front page.
- Choose your desired page as the Front page from the dropdown page selection.
- Click the blue Save Changes button.
Page Template Setup
Note: Within the Gutenberg block editor, a slideshow must be added using the WordPress gallery shortcode.