By default, a WordPress theme does not include pre-installed content. However, if you would like to install your theme’s demo content to be used as a guide, you can do so by following these instructions.
Note: We do not recommend this if you have existing content in your WordPress installation, as it will add numerous posts, pages, categories, media and more to your site. Also, we recommend replacing all content as soon as possible to avoid negative SEO effects or image licensing repercussions.
- Access your Organic Themes documentation page here.
- Download the file link called ‘Download Demo Content’ under the documentation page of your theme.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file you are provided. If you are using Safari’s default settings, the file will be unzipped automatically.
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Tools > Import, and choose the ‘WordPress‘ importer.
- When prompted, upload your demo content .xml file.
- After you have initiated the demo content upload, you will be asked to assign or create a new author for your demo content — this is your choice. You will also be given a checkbox option to ‘Import File Attachments‘. Please do not check this box as the images in the demo are not licensed for distribution.
- Once imported successfully, navigate to Appearance > Theme Options (Appearance > Customizer in newer themes) and configure your content
- That’s it, enjoy!
If you wish to remove the demo content after installing it, you could use a solution such as the WordPress Reset plugin. Note: Using this plugin will delete ALL content within your WordPress installation. So use this plugin at your own risk.