The Alert Block is available within the Organic Blocks Bundle, and is developed to work within the WordPress 5+ Gutenberg editor. It’s purpose is to inform your website visitors of important information. The alert may be displayed directly within your page content, or as a dismissible popup when first loading a page.
The Alert Block is an excellent tool for immediately grabbing the attention of your viewers. It can be used to notify visitors of changes, sales, and promotions on your website. The block colors and style may be customized to match your brand.
Within the WordPress block editor, add the Alert Block to any page or post to get started. Search “Organic” or “Alert” within your list of available blocks. Once you’ve added the block, you may enter the alert content directly within the editor. Additionally, block options are available to modify the alert styles and settings.
Alert Block Options
Each instance of the block contains several options. Click on the block within the editor to reveal the block options. Then, modify the styles and settings on the right. The block options are divided into categories. A description of each option is provided below.
Please Note: You must click directly on the Alert Block to modify its settings. Not the nested blocks inside the modal container! Otherwise, you will not see the block options listed below.
- Style Presets: Choose from a list of predefined styles for the block.
- Alert Border: Modify the border width and color for the popup window.
- Alert Shadow: Modify the shadow size, opacity, and color for the popup window.
- Display Above Content: Display the alert as a popup window above the page content.
- Display Content Overlay: Display a dark overlay behind the alert popup to increase visibility.
- Background: Change the background color of the alert box.
Alert Block Requirements
All WordPress blocks, including Organic Blocks, require WordPress 5+ and the Gutenberg editor. Additionally, the Organic Blocks Bundle requires that your server is using PHP 7+ in order to function properly. Please Note: These are standard requirements for running WordPress 5+ on any web server.