WooCommerce Crashes Site

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme WooCommerce Crashes Site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    guitarchitect
    Participant

I’m having trouble installing STAX, because the instant WooCommerce activates it crashes my site – I have to use pHpMyAdmin via CPanel to manually disable it (it took a number of re-installs to figure out what’s happening). Is there anything I need to do to update WooCommerce before enabling it? My current site won’t need it, but I don’t want to build a whole site, switch on the eCommerce portion in a few months, and break it.

I’m on pHp 7.4 (min req is 7.2), and my SSL certificate appears to be up to date.

guitarchitect
    Participant

Following up to say – it appears that JetPack also crashes the site.
    Activating Organic Blocks has no effect thankfully.

guitarchitect
    Participant

Looks like this one was a simple fix – increasing the memory available to pHp to 256MB, in the wp-config file (in case anyone else has a similar issue)

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your solution! I was going to say, based on your PHP version I didn’t see any reason those plugins would be crashing your site. However, they are large plugins with a lot of data, so it makes sense that it was a memory issue with your server.

As a side note, the Organic Blocks plugin is the only “required” plugin for STAX. You can optionally choose not to install the other plugins during the setup wizard by clicking the “Advanced” tab.

I’m glad to hear it’s resolved. Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.