WooCommerce cart icon in menu

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme WooCommerce cart icon in menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Wheeler
    Participant

I *DID* have the WooCommerce cart icon in my site menu, then removed it (through Template Parts, Header Menu) as we didn’t think we’d need it. Now we do and I cannot work out HOW to get the icon back??? Please? Ideas?

Kathy Wheeler
    Participant

Ok, I “fixed” that one by reverting to the theme version and re-did all my customisations. There *should* be a better way.

BUT now I have another problem – the mini-cart does not display the “View Cart” and “Proceed to Checkout” buttons. The wc-block-mini-cart__footer-actions div is completely empty. Have tried reverting to theme (there weren’t any customisations there anyway) but still does not load/display those two buttons.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ll be happy to help.

You shouldn’t need to revert all customizations in order to re-add the Mini Cart block. Within the Site Editor, when editing the Header template part, you can add a new block after the Navigation block, and search for “Cart”. This should reveal the Mini Cart block, which you can click to insert immediately after the Navigation block. See attached screenshot.

Regarding the new issue, it’s possible the mini cart template was somehow modified. You can restore or modify the mini cart template by clicking the “Edit Mini-Cart Drawer template” link within the block options for Mini Cart block (see attached screenshot). This will open a new window for modifying the Mini Cart template (see additional screenshot).

Also, please keep in mind these are WooCommerce blocks, and not directly related to the theme. Reaching out to WooCommerce support regarding the management of these blocks may prove helpful as well.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathy Wheeler
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the first issue (cart icon in header menu) I could not find the item in the blocks list. Screen grab attached.

Re the missing buttons, I went in and set up a few more WooCommerce stages (many not relevant eg shipping as the products are all virtual!!) and NOW the buttons are visible!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rob Nicholls
    Participant

I don’t know if this is related to above, however I’ve noticed an issue with the cart block today. Has there been an update to the theme in the last 24 hours? My STAX theme is v 1.4.4.1 and this is on a site I’m currently rebuilding on a new host (so currently unavailable to view).

Yesterday, the cart icon was showing in the header template part in the editor. Today, however, when I look at the header template part in the editor it says, “Your site doesn’t include support for the “woocommerce/mini-cart” block. You can leave this block intact or remove it entirely.” The icon still shows on the frontend.

Similarly, the mini-cart template part shows, “Your site doesn’t include support for the “woocommerce/mini-cart-contents” block. You can leave this block intact, convert its content to a Custom HTML block, or remove it entirely.”

Like above, I’m also unable to find the item when searching for “cart” in the blocks list.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Rob Nicholls.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Interesting. There have not been any updates to the theme that would have resulted in these issues. However, the Mini Cart block relates to the WooCommerce and WooCommerce Blocks plugins. It’s possible an update to either of these plugins could have caused this issue.

First, I would make sure the WooCommerce Blocks plugin is active. If not, activate the plugin and then try to search for the Mini Cart block again. If it’s still not available, I would recommend reaching out to WooCommerce support, as this may have been a change on their end that we were not notified of.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Rob Nicholls
    Participant

Hi David

It seems the issue I mentioned has changed this morning (UK time), and things are working again. Not sure what’s going on there.

Saying that, I do find the whole page editor to be a little flaky and/or slow at times.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Interesting, in that case I don’t believe it was theme related. This may have been a caching issue.

I totally understand regarding the editor. Even as a long-time WordPress developer, I’m often surprised at how drastically the editor changes on a frequent basis. However, I am confident that the WordPress team will continually improve the editor since it is their primary focus at this time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.