Subpage not shown

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Subpage not shown

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi! In the incredible Stax theme I created a homepage with the customizer. That was very easy and worked very well. https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/ Now I wanted to create a new subpage (“Hotel”). To do this, I used the block editor and created and saved a page with content slideshow block. I linked the page via the main menu on top of the page and also via the button of first box “Hotel” on the homepage. However, the link only takes me to the home page and not to the hotel slideshow. What did i do wrong?
    Thanks and best regards
    Stefan

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Please see attached screenshots

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Your site is looking fantastic!

We may need you to provide your WordPress login information in a private reply in order to take a closer look. However, when navigating your site, it’s possible you have the “Home” page template applied to both the Home page, and the Hotel page. In which case, each page would appear exactly the same.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for providing the info! After logging in, I was able to locate the source of the issue and resolve it.

It appears you may have accidentally edited the default page template, and and designed the default template as the home page. As a result, any page on your site using the default template will appear as the home page. So, I copied the changes you had made to the default template, and added them to the Home template instead. Then, I restored the default template to its original state. Now, your Hotel information should display correctly, as well as your home page.

I hope this helps. Let us know if there are any more questions or issues.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Wow, that’s fantastic! This is even more than just great support! I made a mistake and you fixed it, incredible! Thank you very much for your quick help. You are great, David! Thanks
    Have a nice day!
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

No problem! Glad I could help. Thanks! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.