Preventing Featured Image from displaying as a title background on post page

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Preventing Featured Image from displaying as a title background on post page

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

Hi
    I want the featured image to display as a thumbnail only on the homepage. This works, but I do not wish when this image is clicked for it to form a header on the post page. Is there a global way of turning this off in stax?
    In the dashboard of wordpress the Organic Blocks section only has the License Key entry part (which I have entered) – there are no blocks to edit there
    Or is it a CSS solution? Please let me know what that is in that case.
    Also I’d like the excerpt to also show when I hover over the image on the home page but it does not even when “display excerpt” it checked within the portfolio block options
    Many thanks

site: monotwin.co.uk

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

I solved the image problem with the Page Links To plugin.
    I’d still like help to solve the issue with the excerpt display on hover.

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

And another issue also: When I embed a vimeo video it seems impossible to get it to display the full width of the website. Have a look at the video on this page: http://monotwin.co.uk/le-donk/
    No matter how I set the settings (attached in the image) I can’t get it to go full width

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ll be happy to help.

I’m glad to hear you got the image issue resolved. In the future, this can be resolved by changing the page template within the page settings.

Regarding the excerpt displaying on your portfolio images, you can accomplish this within the “Display” settings of the Portfolio Block. Click on the Portfolio Block in the editor, then within the block settings tab on the right, locate the Display settings. You can then toggle on the option to display the “Portfolio Excerpt.” I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

Regarding the Organic Blocks, the admin page is only meant to have a plugin license field. All blocks should be available within the editor by clicking the blue “+” icon to add a new block, and then searching “Organic” amongst the available blocks should reveal all the Organic Blocks. The options for each block are available by clicking on the block within the editor.

As for the Vimeo embed not displaying at full width, I’m not seeing anything within the code that would prevent the embed from displaying at full width. It’s possible there is a block setting or plugin interfering with the full width display.

You can provide us with your WordPress login information in a private reply so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

Hi David

Thanks very much for your help. I’ve got a bit more at home with how to access and edit the blocks now.

On the issue of displaying the excerpt text on hovering over the images, I already had the option you mention activated. It doesn’t make any difference. What I actually want is three separate short lines of text to appear rather than just one (I’m not sure if it will support line separation when we get it working? Is it possible? I’d like to avoid a plugin solution unless you can recommend one that is compatible with Stax.

Regarding that video not appearing as full width I think it might be the formatting of the actual video. Other videos are displaying ok.

I have one more potential problem if I need to use custom CSS which is that when I activate a child theme, the header disappears and no customizer becomes available in the dashboard. Is this theme compatible with a child theme and a custom style sheet or have things moved on with json?
    Please note that I haven’t been running the child theme while having the issues above.
    I’ll post my WP details in the next message so you can have a look at the excerpt hover issue

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this..

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

The issue appears to be related to that particular Vimeo video, or perhaps the embed and/or size settings for that particular video within Vimeo. I’ve tested in our theme demo, and added another Vimeo video to the same page, and it scales responsively as expected, http://monotwin.co.uk/2023/03/15/le-donk/

I might suggest checking your video settings within your Vimeo account.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

And what about making the excerpt text show on hover?

David Morgan
    Keymaster

What page is the Portfolio Block currently displayed on, so I can view for reference?

Thanks!

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. I fixed the issue on your site, and we’ll be pushing a plugin update soon that will include the fix.

Let us know if there is anything else. Thanks!

Hermit_Hernandez
    Participant

Thanks very much.
    Can you explain what you did that made it work? I can see it’s working now but I can’t see what you did.

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sure! There was a faulty conditional code in the display of the excerpt. I updated the conditional code in the plugin files, and we recently pushed an update with the fix.

Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.