Posts not working for Pages

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Posts not working for Pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Hi, posts work perfectly for all Post Types except Page Post Types.

When I select the post block and choose Page under ‘Select a Post Type’, all pages are loaded, or none.

I only want to show the Pages selected in the Post Type.

Thank you in advance,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like the Pages post type is working as intended. However, if you want to display multiple pages, you can select individual pages by holding down the “Command” or “Ctrl” key when selecting pages. As a result, all select pages will display in the block.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further guidance.

Thanks!

Mark
    Participant

Hi David, thank you for responding.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. I can select multiple pages, but when I do, I get zero response. This only happens when I use pages.

If I add the post block to a new page and leave it with no pages selected, I get all pages – this is correct and expected. However, when I go and select one or more pages, I get nothing back at all. If I remove the selected pages, then I still get nothing back, and the only way to make all pages appear (which is not what I want – only want selected pages to appear) is to remove the post block and add it again.

I will send you another message with some screen captures that I hope will help clarify the issue with pages not working for me when I try and select only the pages I want shown.

Mark
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. After testing and inspecting the code, it seems some crucial code for the page selection functionality may have been accidentally removed in a previous update. We resolved the issue with a new update.

Please update to version 2.2.10, and let us know if it resolves the issue. You may need to delete the block and re-add it before the changes can take effect.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Mark
    Participant

Thanks, David.

Is there a specific way to update to version 2.2.10, and is this a Theme update?

Only asking as the updates page tells me no new updates are available. See screen capture ‘Updates Page’. Also, when looking at your latest theme on your website, the STAX theme is currently at version v1.4.3 (see screen capture from latest download ‘STAX current version v1.4.3’.

Lastly, when I go to Appearance/Themes and look at the active theme ‘Stax’, I get a version of 1.1.8, which is the version I originally installed, months back. See screen capture ‘STAX theme Version’.

Looking at WordPress support, they all point to the same info, which is on the updated page (see screen capture below).

Therefore, is there another way to 1) update to version 2.2.10 and 2) update the theme to version 1.4.3 from what I currently have, which is v1.1.8.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

The update that resolves the Posts Block is an update to the Organic Blocks plugin specifically.

If your site is hosted on WordPress.com, the update will be applied automatically within 48 hours of the update. However, in your case, it sounds as though you are in a self hosted environment. That’s totally fine, but you’ll need to make sure your theme and plugin licenses are applied in order to receive updates.

Your license can be found in your Organic Themes account. You can apply the theme license under Appearance > Theme License in the WordPress admin, and the plugin license under the “Organic Blocks” tab in the WordPress admin menu. Once the licenses have been applied, you can then update the plugin under the Plugins menu, and the theme under the Appearance > Themes menu. It may take a few minutes after applying the licenses before you see the updates available in the dashboard.

I hope this helps. Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.