Navigation menu issues. URGENT!

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Navigation menu issues. URGENT!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Manu
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve installed STAX in a new website but the Header doesn’t show the menu!

Can you please help soon as possible because the website is live.

http://www.insidespaceyoga.co.uk

Many thanks
    Emanuele

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu, please provide login credentials in a private reply so we can look into this for you. Thanks!

Emily

Manu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manu
    Participant
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

Within the editor you may need to import your menu into the Navigation Block located in the header. I have gone ahead and done this for you, and provided screenshots.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Manu
    Participant
    Manu
    Participant

Hello there,
    Can you please help me ASAP with my previous message?
    I cannot change the menu! I’ve prepared a menu with my pages and save it as display location main menu but it doesn’t display on the website. It still shows the default menu you put for me. How do I make changes to the menu?

Thank you

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

No problem. Try the following:

1. Navigate to Appearance > Editor.
    2. Select the Header/Menu.
    3. Click the popup link that says “Edit Template” after selecting the menu (screenshot attached).
    4. Select Navigation Block and begin editing the pages (screenshot attached).

There was a WordPress update that now requires clicking the edit template link in step 3 in order to edit template parts. This was an annoying update for me, and I’m guessing it’s the source of your issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    Manu
    Participant

I managed to change the menu. Is it always going to be like this? Is it just my STAX?
    Also the image I put in the Hero block on the Home page doesn’t show fully in my MacBook 15″. Why?
    I’ve used the same size I used for my other website and there I have no problems!
    Can you please have a look?

Thank you

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

I’m not sure if the nature of editing the header will change i the WordPress Editor. The Editor is still a relatively new feature of WordPress, and WordPress is continually updating the experience. Mostly it’s for the better, but I wasn’t fond of that particular change.

Regarding your hero image, I think this is because the image is cropped with an extreme panoramic aspect ratio. The way background images work for the Hero Block is by expanding to fill the space of the whole block. So, if the block has an aspect ratio of a square at a smaller screen size, the background image will be stretched to fill that entire area, resulting in cropping on the sides. The alternative is having the image would appear similar to the attached screenshot, which is probably more undesirable.

The best solution here would be to upload a version of the image that isn’t cropped, or is closer to a square aspect ratio.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.