How to add button in Main Menu

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme How to add button in Main Menu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi!
    How can i add a button in the main menu; for example like in your demo “Buy Stax”?
    And how can I change the favicon?
    Thanks
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

No problem:

1. When adding a menu item to the Custom Menu, add “button” within the CSS Classes field. You may have to reveal this option within the Screen Options at the top of the menus page. See screenshot.

2. You should be able to change the favicon by navigating to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity within the admin.

Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    thank you for your great support! I was able to insert the button and it looks perfect.

Unfortunately I don’t have a “Customize” menu item under Appearance > Customize > Site Identity. See screenshot. Do i have to add something?

Home

WP version: 6.1.1
    Theme version: 1.1.3

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

No problem! For some reason, the Customizer is hidden by default when using block themes. Which makes it a bit more cumbersome when trying to add Custom CSS or change the Site Identity.

To access the Customizer, try clicking Appearance > Custom CSS in the admin. You should then be able to toggle on the option for editing Custom CSS. After toggling the option, refresh the page. Then, Appearance > Customize should be available in the menu.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    thank you. I’m afraid nothing has changed.
    I clicked Appearance > Custom CSS. The area “/* Add your own CSS here *//* Add your own CSS here */” has opened. Then I refreshed the page. But the menu item Site Identity, unfortunately, did not appear.
    I tried the url: https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/wp-admin/themes.php?page=site-identity.php But only the following text is displayed: “Sorry, you do not have permission to access this page.”
    Do you have another idea?
    Best regards
    Stefan

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Interesting. You may need to provide your WordPress login for us to take a closer look.

It’s possible there are some plugins that were installed by your hosting provider that are preventing the Customizer from displaying in the admin.

Also, you could try the following link to see if you can access the Customizer directly, https://la-deutsche-vita.shop/wp-admin/customize.php

If that doesn’t work, can you provide you login info in a private reply?

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hey Stefan,

Great! Unfortunately, I think this is just an oversight of WordPress at this time. The platform is hiding the admin link to the Customizer if a block theme is enabled. Theoretically, blocks themes are supposed to remove the need for the Customizer. However, I don’t believe favicons have been considered yet.

Until this is resolved, you may just have to access the Customizer using the provided link when you have a block theme activated.

Thanks!

Stefan Klindt
    Participant

Hi David,
    thank you for the information! Yes, the direct link works fine. Maybe the menu in WordPress will be fixed soon.
    Have a nice Christmas time, relaxing days and a happy new year!
    Stefan

Emily Morgan
    Keymaster

Thanks Stefan, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you as well! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.