Errors in Debug Log

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Errors in Debug Log

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob Nicholls
    Participant

Today, while trying to create a new post, I started to get a blank page after clicking the add new post button. I updated the wp-config file to create a log, and almost all of the log seems to point to the theme.

I’m using:
    WP 6.3.2
    STAX 1.4.6.1
    PHP 8.2.11

Attached is the debug.log file – it only contains information from when the add new post button is clicked.

I was able to create a new post 2 weeks ago, so I’m not sure what’s changed since then.

Rob Nicholls
    Participant

Here’s the debug.log file as a .txt file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we will resolve these deprecation issues in the next theme update.

However, It appears you are running the absolute latest version of PHP (8.2.11), and WordPress itself is not fully compatible with PHP 8.2 yet. As a result, I would recommend reducing your PHP version to 8.1 through your hosting provider. Reducing the PHP version should resolve any issues you may be experiencing.

PHP Compatibility and WordPress Versions

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Rob Nicholls
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding PHP version, it’s recommended to use PHP 8.1 or 8.2 for WordPress 6.4 which is being released next week. As that release is only days away now, I may stick with PHP 8.2

Attachments:
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Ah, great to know. Thanks!

Can you updated to version 1.4.7.1 and let us know if these issues are resolved?

Thanks!

Rob Nicholls
    Participant

I’ve updated to 1.4.7.1 – a couple of things.

I seem to be in an update loop, with the theme always wanted to be updated. It says “You have version 1.4.7.1 installed. Update to 1.4.7.1” on the update page.

The issue of the blank page after clicking “add new” occurs in Firefox, but not in Chrome. I should have checked that before. So it is still happening in Firefox.

The debug log after clicking “add new” is now much smaller.

Attachments:
    Rob Nicholls
    Participant

I’ve just tried after upgrading to WordPress 6.4, and the “add new” post now works again in Firefox.

However, the theme update is still in a loop and I’m getting emails every so often telling me it’s updated from 1.4.7.1 to 1.4.7.1

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hey Rob,

Can you try updating to version 1.4.7.2?

This should resolve the update loop issue, and fix the remaining warnings in the debug file.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Rob Nicholls
    Participant

Yep, all good thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.