Demo content not loading/trouble setting up site

Home Forums Technical Theme Support STAX Theme Demo content not loading/trouble setting up site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m trying to build a new site (martinskold.net) using Stax. When I installed the theme and ran the setup wizard, the demo content didn’t load. I then tried to manually upload the xml file, but it still didn’t work.

How can I make the site look like the demo so I can get started?

Thanks,
    Christina

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Christina,

Thanks for reaching out and using STAX!

Who is your hosting provider? What hosting plan are you using?

If the setup wizard is failing, this is most likely a resources issue with your server. In which case, you may need to have your host allocate more memory resources to your server while you are performing the setup.

Thanks!

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Christina,

If the setup wizard is failing, this is most likely a resources issue with your server. In which case, you may need to have your host allocate more memory resources to your server while you are performing the setup.

Thanks!

David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Christina,

Thanks!

Vicious
    Participant

EDIT: I just repeatedly went through the setup process and eventually all the content was uploaded.

Hi David, I’m having the same problem. When I import content during the setup process, it goes to about 18%, then hops to finished. But no pages or posts are installed, just a couple dozen pictures. Is there a way to manually install the imported content?

I’m hosted by A Small Orange and don’t have any limits on disk space or bandwidth.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Vicious.
    David Morgan
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is typical of hitting some kind of resource cap within your hosting environment. Also, what version of the theme are you using? There was a demo content issue a few versions back in which the demo content was including a bunch of unnecessary comment data.

I have attached the demo content file if you would like to try manually.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.