Similar to your website header, the footer is an essential component of any website. It’s the bookend of your site. The Footer Block included in the Organic Blocks Bundle let’s you create custom footers. Additionally, the block features options to change the fonts, colors, menus, and layout of your footer within the WordPress Gutenberg editor. It’s a particularly useful block for constructing entire websites using Gutenberg.
Gutenberg and WordPress themes are evolving. As a result, we anticipate blocks being used to build every component of a modern website in the near future. So, Organic Themes is preparing for this shift. Moving forward, the Footer Block will be an invaluable asset for WordPress website construction.
The Footer Block is super easy to use! In most WordPress themes, changing the footer content requires editing code. Not anymore! Now, you can change your website footer on each page using the Gutenberg editor.
First, search “Organic” or “Footer” within your list of available blocks. Next, add the Footer Block within the Gutenberg editor. Afterwards, choose from a variety of options in the block settings to complete the setup of your footer.
Footer Block Options
The Footer Block displays a site logo, title, tagline, primary menu, and secondary menu. Additionally, several options are available to change the block appearance. For convenience, the options are divided into categories. Descriptions are provided below.
- Icon: Upload or select a footer icon from the Media Library.
- Icon Size: Change the scale of the icon image.
- Copyright Text: Change the copyright test for the footer.
- Menu Font: Choose a Google Font for the footer navigation.
- Return To Top Link: Toggle the display of the return to the top of the page link.
- Padding: Change the top, bottom, left, and right padding for the footer.
- Footer Background: Change the background color of the footer.
- Copyright Color: Change the color of the copyright text.
- Return Link Arrow Color: Change the color of the return link arrow icon.
- Return Link Background: Change the color of the return link background.
- Menu Link Color: Change the color of the footer navigation links.
- Menu Hover Color: Change the hover state color of the footer navigation links.
All WordPress blocks, including Organic Blocks, require WordPress 5+ and the Gutenberg editor. Additionally, the Organic Blocks Bundle requires that your server is using PHP 7+ in order to work properly. Please Note: These are standard requirements for running WordPress 5+ on any web server.
Additionally, the Footer Block requires that Custom Menus are created within the Appearance > Menus section of the WordPress admin before menus can be applied in the block settings.